Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crate & Barrel

Crate & Barrel has always been a favorite of mine - their whole product line is so clean and simple - just the way I like things in my life! Just look at their logo, it really doesn't get much more simple than that . . . .


The other thing I like about Crate & Barrel is they stick to what they do best  - entertainment items and don't deviate from  it!  As the old saying goes, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" . . . I think that sums it up!

They offer simple, straight lines of furniture, simple tabletop items and classic cookware - the best part is the items will never go out of style; they are so timeless . . . that is what I really love about it! 

I also love the fact they offer a gift registry so check it out - you never know the next gift you need may be on a registry!





 
One line they added to their collection, being the dog lover I am, I think it is perfect and so does my poodle, Coco.





Their glassware is one of my favorites - the clean lines . . .


Speaking of Martini - I found a new favorite - take a peek (recipe to follow)


It is the best, it is a Hawaiian Martini - and don't worry - it's not too girlie - my guy friends enjoy it as much as I do!

Hawaiian Martini
                      1-1/2 (750 mL) bottles Skyy Vodka (or 4-1/2 cups)
                      1/2 (750 mL) bottle Malibu Rum (1-1/2 cups)
                      1/4 bottle Stolichnaya Vanil (3/4 cup)
                      1 pineapple cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
                      1/4 cup sugar
Layer the pineapple wedges into the jar. Pour in the remaining ingredients and allow the pineapples to marinate for at least two days. To serve, ladle approximately 4 ounces of the liquor into a stainless steel shaker half filled with ice. Shake 30 times, and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a wedge of marinated pineapple and enjoy!

Don't forget Halloween is coming - they have all of their new Halloween items online!


Enjoy the Hawaiian Martini - I'm off to enjoy one of my own!

All images courtesy www.crateandbarrel.com  . . . except for my martini photo :0)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...