Friday, May 14, 2010

Creating It Yourself . . .

I think I have always enjoyed cooking to some degree, but in the last few years, I have enjoyed it even more.  As Alec is getting older I realized I don't want his memories of family dinners to be a menu and a take out box.  So in trying to keep it simple, keep it quick and keep it delicious, I started collecting and creating recipes that my family enjoyed.
So, this year for Mother's Day, I came up with another "bright idea" and decided I would collect our favorite family recipes - passed down from my grandma (including Aunt Rosie's sauce) to my mom and on down to me.  The big question - how do I assemble these recipes and make them presentable? 
                                  Then, I found this: 
                                  www.tastebook.com




 

all images courtesy tastebook.com
It was a great way to assemble recipes that I love and share them with my mom.  I think she actually enjoyed looking through the finished product to see what recipes I included from my grandma as well as recipes she had given to me.
If you are looking for a truly unique, personal gift, I highly recommend creating one for your someone special!  I will prepare you - it takes some time but the finished product is so worth it!
                                          Enjoy and Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...